The Road Tax Online (ROTAX) for Public Users (the "Service") is a service that allows the registered owner or his authorised representative ("the Applicant") to renew road tax for a Singapore registered vehicle via the Internet.
- The applicant shall provide correct details of the vehicle and registered owner.
- For any queries or help in renewing road tax or in using the Service, please contact Land Transport Authority ("LTA") at Tel: 1800-CALL LTA (1800-2255 582) during normal business hours.
- Payment shall be made electronically via DBS d2pay offered by the Development Bank of Singapore ("DBS"), UOB eNETS offered by the United Overseas Bank Limited ("UOB") or Citibank Direct Debit offered by the Citibank N.A., Singapore Branch. For any queries on DBS, UOB or Citibank payment service or the procedure for using DBS d2pay, UOB eNETS or Citibank Direct Debit, the Applicant may contact the respective Bank's Customer Service at Tel: 1800 111 1111 (for DBS), 1800 22 22 121 (for UOB) or 6225 5225 (for Citibank). The Applicant may also visit their website at www.dbs.com, www.uobgroup.com or www.citibank.com.sg.
- Unless the attempt to renew road tax has been unsuccessful, no changes or cancellations may be made to the application for the renewal of road tax once the request for deduction of payment from the Applicant's account with DBS d2pay, UOB eNETS or Citibank Direct Debit has been submitted.
- Upon a successful renewal of road tax through the Service, a tax invoice/receipt shall be generated. A validated road tax disc will be sent to the registered owner at the address registered with LTA within seven working days from the date of renewal.
- The E-Payment reference number (generated at the Bank's payment service page) and ROTAX receipt number (generated and displayed on the tax invoice) must be quoted when making enquiries.
Refunds and Late Payments
- If payment has been deducted from the Applicant's account by DBS d2pay, UOB eNETS or Citibank Direct Debit for payment of road tax, any refunds of road tax shall be made at LTA's sole discretion.
- In the event road tax has not been paid by the road tax expiry date as stipulated in the applicant's road tax renewal notice ("the Expiry Date"), the applicant shall be required to pay a late payment fee, in such sum as prescribed by LTA.
- Where road tax has not been paid or renewed for a period of two and a half months or less from the Expiry Date, the Applicant shall only be able to pay or renew the road tax at LTA, 10 Sin Ming Drive or at any authorised collection centres.
- Where the road tax has not been paid or renewed for a period in excess of two and a half months from the Expiry Date, the Applicant shall only be able to pay or renew the road tax at LTA, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Level 1, Road Tax Arrears Counter. When making payment for or renewing road tax after the Expiry Date, the Applicant shall present the vehicle licence renewal notice that has been sent to the registered owner.
The information and materials contained in this website are provided "as is" and "as available". Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is correct, LTA does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for any errors or omissions in the information and materials.
The information contained in this website may be modified, deleted or replaced from time to time and at any time in the absolute discretion of LTA.
LTA shall not be held responsible or be made liable for any delay, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of any inaccuracies or omissions in respect of the loss of data or corruption of data during transmission.
No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to any warranties of title, non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with this website, or any information and materials therein.
No warranty is given that access to any information or materials on this website, or this website as a whole will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; further, no warranty is given that this website or any information or materials are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros. Copyright & Trade Marks Notice
The copyright in the information and materials provided in this website is owned by LTA. No part or parts hereof may be reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked or transmitted in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the prior written permission of LTA. You also may not, without LTA's permission, insert a hyperlink to this website or any other website or "mirror" any material contained on this website on any other server.
All trade marks and service marks displayed in this website are the property of the respective members of the LTA and where applicable, third party proprietors identified in the website. No right or license is to be given to any party accessing this website to download, reproduce or use any such trade marks or service marks. No such trade mark or service mark may be used as a link and use of such trade mark or service mark is to be approved in advance by LTA in writing. Exclusion of Liability
LTA shall in no event be liable for any damages, losses or expenses including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damage or economic loss arising from or in connection with:
1) Any access, use or the inability to access or use this website, or reliance on the contents of this website;
2) Any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, or computer virus;
3) Any use of or access to or reliance of the contents of any other website linked to this website;
4) Any services (including but not limited to payment services), products, information, data, software or other material obtained from this website or from any other website linked to this website,
Even if LTA or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses, any hyperlinks to any other websites are not an endorsement or verification of such websires and such websites should only be accessed at the user's own risks. This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
By accessing this website and / or using the information offered through this website, you agree that Singapore Law (including without limitation, the provisions of the Evidence Act (Cap 97) and the Electronic Transaction Act (Cap 88) shall govern such access and the provision of such services and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
In the event that the laws of the jurisdiction you are in do not permit or impose restrictions on the access to the contents of this website, you shall forthwith discontinue access or comply with such restrictions (as the case may be).